• 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
• One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
• cooking spray
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
• salt and pepper
• 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 cup beef broth
• 12 ounces elbow macaroni
• 2 cups shredded yellow or white Cheddar cheese
Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce in a small bowl.
Heat a skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat after spraying with cooking oil. Add the beef and cook until well browned. Season with salt and lots of pepper. Add the garlic, bell peppers and onions and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Pour the tomato mixture over the beef, add the beef broth and stir until well combined. Simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water until not quite tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and add to the sauce. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top with the cheese.
Bake until the casserole is bubbling and the top is browned. Enjoy 😊
Recipe adapted from Rachel Ray’s Sloppy Joe Macaroni Casserole in Food Network